How to sleep like a Baby
Sometimes, some persons, especially aging persons, have difficulty in getting a good night's sleep. Here is what this author has learned about improving the situation. Some of this is widely known and some is not,
- Ensure that your daily activities include physical exercise. If not, introduce regular morning or evening walks in your routine
- Eat as early as possible in the evening, preferably not much after dusk. Have a home cooked meal prepared from basics to avoid the crap that is being dished out in the market today and described in the earlier posts of this blog. Follow it up with a glass of milk or milk and water, half and half just before, or just after you move to bed, especially if you are a vegetarian. You can add spoon of coco powder to the drink and a spoon of sugar if you are not obese. A pinch of saffron, a pinch of ground green cardamom, a table spoon of ground almonds may also be added, all of these or just one as a great health tonic.
- After dinner in the evenings do not think or discuss the next day’s activities.
- You may read a book that is interesting but not too exciting before bed if you like.
- Ensure your mattress is comfortable and that your pillows are soft and feathery, neither too fat nor too thin. Use two pillows adjusting their positions for maximum comfort
- Counting sheep or reciting a mantra after you have switched off the lights are a great aid
So far all this is widely known. Now here are a couple of more points that are not so well known
your bed linen at least once a week to keep dust mites in control.
Excessive amounts impede
Lots of dust mites live on dirty beds and pillows
- Ensure that your head is not in the north. The action of earth’s magnetic field appears to disturb sleep in this direction. South appears to be the best and east may be good for some too. This author does not know fully the effect of a head placed west yet.
- Wish the world goodnight and a happy sleep and in case the wrongs of someone trouble you, forgive those who have wronged you or if you cannot, say xxxx xxx to them, period and let them go.Your guardian angels shall take care of them as necessary, you do not have to. Thank them for ever protecting you awake or in sleep but only if you believe in the Lord and His angels..
May the Lord fill your life with love and a nice restful sleep every single day of your lives !