Spreading Joy

https://www.pexels.com/photo/beautiful-bloom-blooming-blossom-414160/




Yesterday, in another post, I was saying that no one can help all the suffering people of the world but everyone can help at least some. When we spread happiness, the Universe returns happiness in our lives.

Personally, I campaign a lot for issues that touch my heart through social media. These issues have been suffering of children in war zones; those separated from parents on American borders and in general those who hunger anywhere in the world. Another issue that I campaigned a lot about is the environment, in particular the need to grow more forests and trees on the planet. Trees and forests provide food and a home to wild animals and birds, medicines and fruit for humans as well as help control adverse climate changes. Some of my campaigning has included messages to influential political leaders. Some have been critical and knowingly I take the risk that if I annoyed them, they can easily harm. With the grace of the Lord, these leaders have been gracious and even reacted with positive changes to suggestions they felt were useful.

It is not just in far away places that one can help, but it can be done in one’s immediate surroundings and the people that one runs into daily. Sometimes just a few thoughtful words are enough. Many a morning, I am out gardening in front of my home. In the home across the street, a lady rents out rooms to young persons who come in the city for work or study. Nowadays, a nice girl of around twenty has moved in. I noticed that she would leave for work with earplugs plugged in, perhaps for music. I interrupted her yesterday and mentioned that this habit on a road can lead to an accident because one is then deaf to traffic noises. She did take them out immediately and we wished each other a good day. 

Last month I had noticed that a vegetable vendor in the neighborhood was becoming obese. He is around 28 years old. I mentioned that if he cut down on carbohydrates, the daily roti, in his meals or did some physical exercises he would become more fit. A couple of days ago when I visited, I noticed that he was once again trim and fit and there was a healthy glow on his face. I complimented him and asked him how? He said he does physical exercises for an hour daily every morning now.

For several years now, I do not drive. For work, I have had conveyance provided to me and privately I have set up with a few cabs and auto rickshaws to manage.  One driver who has been available to me on phone for the last two decades was suffering from three serious ailments when I first met him. One serious ailment he had was asthma that he had suffered from for over a decade. He had tried everything from modern medicines to alternative ones but they had not worked. From my experience, I had noted that many people in India who suffer from asthma do so because of gluten allergy in wheat. I suggested he get off wheat bread for a week. His asthma disappeared. Since then he has discovered that he does fine with wheat bread once a day but not twice.

His second ailment was a periodic persistent cough. Fearing something serious, I referred him to a neighbor who is a good doctor and runs his own diagnostic center. However X-rays and all, there was no relief. Applying my mind to the issue, I had noted that he suffered from frequent colds too. In my experience I had found that regular consumption of vitamin C could avert the common cold for many persons. I gave him some of that. Soon after his colds stopped and his persistent coughing too. A cough for a few days is a common thing that most suffer from after a cold. With some it just sticks on for long.

The third ailment this driver suffered from was a severe fever that came in a couple of times a year and lasted for a few days each time. I immediately suspected Malaria. Further inquiries confirmed it. We visited the chemist and found a month long course of anti malarial pills. That was ten years ago. His fever has not returned since.

All this help had been possible because of my life long interests in dealing in natural ways with many sicknesses that humans suffer from.  Not all are blessed with similar knowledge but all have some asset with which they can help some of the people they run into daily.

When we help someone, we do no more for others then what we expect from them if we were in similar need.  The least a human can do in their journey through life is try their best to do some good and in the very least not harm anyone knowingly. Dear friends, if we plant seeds of thorny bushes we should not expect apples later. Plant goodness around you and the universe shall lead you to bliss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Birds to Telepathy

Inflation: Stealing from the Poor for the Rich

Neem tree: As the Magical Sleep Aid

The Balsam Flower - Magic of Medicinal Herbs and Flowers

Edgar Cayce and the Almond Tree

Impact of Lust and Nudity on Spiritual Growth

God’s own Pharmacy in your Garden – Phyllanthus

You are what you eat, and drink

The Palash Tree - Magic of Medicinal Herbs and Flowers and Back Pain