A New Profile Image

Ashok Malhotra, January 20, 2019

  

Our bodies are just a covering for our soul. The soul inherits a body at birth in keeping with its karma from past lives. To a large extent, this determines what a person would look like through life.

If you found a lovely kindly looking person who in fact was evil, it is because the evil has entered the person’s life later in their journey through life. The opposite may also be found often. The external appearance cannot fully reflect that change yet. Some changes to one’s soul however reflect in a person’s appearance even while in this body. 

Some ten years ago I had noticed a persistent blackish mark had developed under my left eye. It was not very prominent but nevertheless annoying every time I looked in the mirror. I trace this to some bad behavior on my part in the past. In an earlier post I had mentioned how during the years between 2000- 2007 I had taken to drinking, at times heavily. It was at such times, when one is not fully in control that there were moments I did not behave well. I regret that now. It was a black mark for an educated person who loves the Lord. It is not surprising therefore that a physical mark of it should appear on my face too. I gave up drinking more that ten years ago.

Recently I noticed that the black mark had all but vanished from my face. It was an appropriate time to meet the ten-year challenge, snap a new profile image and replace an older one on blogger and other places on the net I frequent. A full size image is attached with post.

Dear friends, aside from the inner condition of our soul, our emotional state also appears on our faces. While transient emotional changes can be overcome to catch the right mood for a profile image, more permanent lines that appear because of age or a frequent emotional state cannot be hidden easily. Over the past years, as I have looked at events around the world, there has been much concern at rising wars, conditions of children affected by war or poverty, rising inequality, homelessness and more. This concern and the feeling of compassion it invoked no doubt imprinted lines on my face that appear to the discerning eye in the new image. On the other hand, the image may also reflect a sense of peace because there has been much spiritual engagement too and from that a sense of peace with the belief that in the end – all shall be well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Birds to Telepathy

Inflation: Stealing from the Poor for the Rich

Neem tree: As the Magical Sleep Aid

The Balsam Flower - Magic of Medicinal Herbs and Flowers

Edgar Cayce and the Almond Tree

You are what you eat, and drink

The Palash Tree - Magic of Medicinal Herbs and Flowers and Back Pain

Spirituality and Evil

Impact of Lust and Nudity on Spiritual Growth